Monday, September 9, 2013

Lost My Mind

 So I've been loving Lazy Oaf lately. The style is so unique and kind of funny; I'm really into the graphic 1990's prints and colorful designs. Ever since their collaboration with Nasty Gal I've been following the line. Their watermelon shorts were the inspiration for this copycat watermelon denim I posted awhile back on this blog. Anyway I noticed this amazing crop top, also pictured below. I really wanted it, but it's from England and is sold in pounds. I'm not sure if you're aware but the current exchange rate is not really in our favor right now. It's also pretty much sold out and unavailable anywhere I could conveniently purchase it.
My next thought was to create something similar myself. The font, however, unlike this melty font I've created before, is difficult to replicate by hand. I was kind of at a loss when I stumbled upon Strange Cargo. Now, whenever I'm in Chicago I try and hit up Strange Cargo because its a pretty cool store. I didn't realize until I was on the website that they custom make t-shirts with any lettering you want. This peaked my interest! I started playing around with designs and different t-shirts. Now of course they don't have crop tops or shirts with a similar blue outline like the Lazy Oaf original. I did however create a similar design, with the exact same font! I put spaces between each letter to spread it out more and I used a baseball shirt because it was the closest I could come to the design. I figure I would always cut it myself to make it a crop top.



Now of course this is not completely homemade but it only cost $26, including shipping, which is a much more reasonable price for a t-shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment