Monday, August 26, 2013

Melting Life

A while back I was getting inspired by all sorts of melty designs such as this and this. The second link is a Mean Girls reference, obvs. I wanted it so bad but couldn't justify paying that much for an awkwardly oversized sweatshirt. So I decided to make it myself. 

I found my sweatshirts at stores such as Wal-mart or Target, just your average workout sweatshirt. The Ombre style one came from Target. I used the Tulip fabric paint I've used for my last projects. You can use either Q-tips, paint brushes or whatever tool you like to paint the words. I used this and the others as a template for my lettering. Once my inner Mean Girl was satisfied I went on to make the Coco Chanel knock off melty sweatshirt. The great thing about making your own is you can choose your own colors and get a sweatshirt that won't completely drown you.

I took the melting design to the nail level in my last photograph. I waited for the base color to dry and then applied the melty tip design with a bobby pin freehand.











2 comments:

  1. omg you made those??? those are amazing and i LOOOVVEEE mean girls lmao. best movie ever.

    glitteredbones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! And thank you, it's really not too hard!

    ReplyDelete