Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Flower Crowns

So I'm a little late on the flower crown train, since summer is nearly over. I've been seeing them all over festivals and fashion blogs but can't justify purchasing one that I will likely never wear. This is an example crown for sale at Urban Outfitters, also pictured below, it just happens to be gigantic and way out of my price range. 


They are often too big to be worn anywhere besides some fantastical festival or fashion blog. I decided to try my hand at making a wearable flower crown.


Click to Enlarge!


I started with a few cheap headbands and some fake flowers. The fake flowers turned out to be perfect because the flowers pop right off the stem. It was also handy because I used the leaves as a back to cover the glue and make the crown/headbands pretty from front and back. I used a hot glue gun and just got to work. All of these items came from my local craft store and I got lucky because all of the flowers were 50% off! I chose to use headbands because they are easier to wear and not to festival-y.



I used some felt flowers that I found as well, which you can see in the photo above. I thought they were nice and a little more gothic and edgy.







I had some extra hair clips lying around so I decided to use the leftover flowers and make little clips and hair accessories. Like I said earlier, the leaves are great to cover things you don't want visible.


I'll try and post more photo's modeling the crown's soon.
I would love to hear your feedback and answer any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment